- Lead institute curriculum, sessions and lessons focused on engineering and technology
- Implement and run daily learning sessions and other activities
- Prepare materials needed prior to each institute session and/or before lessons begin
- Facilitate classroom management and ensure student engagement
- Act as a positive role model for students
- Other duties as needed
- Cultivate a fun environment and HAVE FUN!!!
Ideal candidates will have studied any field of engineering, computing, engineering technology, or the applied sciences. An upper-level undergraduate student or graduate student in these fields who would enjoy sharing their skills and insights to inspire prospective STEM students is preferred. Familiarity with Data Structures and Algorithms using Java, competitive coding and other technical skills is a plus.
Additional Qualifications Include:
- Teaching Assistant or other in-classroom experience a plus
- Positive, outgoing, and flexible demeanour
- Good coding profile on Competitive sites like SPOJ, Leetcode, and like
- Familiarity with classroom management skills
- Extremely organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Skills Required:Java, Data Structures & Algorithms, Competitive Programming